Not so long ago, the PlayStation 5 has taken the world by storm with its cutting-edge technology and top-notch graphics. Even though the PS 5 is primarily designed for gaming, it also offers a range of multimedia capabilities. Can you play media on PS5? Absolutely! In this article, we will show you how to play media on PS5 using a USB drive. Also, find out which file formats are supported on PS5.
Let’s go ahead! Here’s how you can easily enjoy your favorite videos, music, and images on this gaming console.
How to Setup Your USB Stick
Format the USB drive and transfer media files
After you plug the USB device into your computer:
- Go to File explorer > USB drive.
- Right-click on it, select “Format…” and check the File system. If the file system is not yet exFAT, go ahead, and select it from the drop-down menu.
- Click on “Start” to erase all the data from it and format it.
Once you have done this,
- Go to the root directory of your USB, right-click and make a new folder.
- Drop and drag your media into a folder.
How Do I Transfer Media from USB to PS5
Now that your USB stick is ready, go back to PlayStation5 and follow these steps.
- Create a “Music” folder in the root directory of the USB drive. Place your audio files in the “Music” folder.
- Then, connect the USB drive to your PS5 console.
- Select Music in the control center. USB Drive will appear in your playlist.
- Select USB Drive.
- Select a file to play it.
Playing Videos on PS5 with USB
- Create a “Video” folder in the root directory of the USB drive, and place your video files in the folder.
- Then, select Media Gallery from your game’s home on your console.
- Connect the USB to your PS5 console, and select it. A list of video files on your USB drive will appear.
- Select a video file to play it.
Keep in mind that the maximum video resolution is 3840 x 2160. Also, the Media Gallery will not play copyright-protected files or content that have playback restrictions.
Viewing Images on PS5 with USB
In the Media Gallery, under USB, you can see all the available folders, including the one containing your images. Simply, browse through the images stored in the “Image” folder and select the ones you wish to view.
Before transferring the images you want to view on the PS5 to USB, ensure they are in a supported format.
Note: If you want the best screenshot captures on PlayStation 5, we recommend using PNG. With PNG you will get a higher quality screenshot, compared to JPEG. HDR screenshots are converted to a JPEG format by PS5 when they are exported or shared.
In conclusion: Play Media on PS5
Being able to play media on PS5 is crucial because it enhances the overall user experience. It allows users to enjoy their favorite videos, music, and images. With the ability to play media on PS5, users have access to a wider range of content and can fully customize their gaming and entertainment experience.
Do not forget to use Online-Convert for all your file conversion needs, helping your video, audio and image files run smoothly on any device!