You recorded a nice video and want to share it. The problem is that the audio is not quite to your liking. But, there is no need to worry. You can remove the audio straight from your phone in just a few minutes. Find out the most convenient solutions and remove audio from video on Android phone in no time. Keep on reading!
Remove Audio from Video on Android using the apps
Use Google Photos to remove audio from video
In most cases, Android phones already have Google Photos preinstalled. This is probably the most convenient choice when you want to remove sound from your video. If the app is not installed, you can always download it from the Google Play Store.
With the auto backup feature enabled in Photos, all the videos you record are automatically uploaded to the app. If you receive a video from someone else, then you will need to upload it to Google Photos first.
What do you need to do to remove audio from video on Android?
- Open Google Photos on your phone and navigate to the video from which you want to remove the audio.
- Tap on the “Share” button, then select “Upload to Photos”.
- Open the Google Photos app on your phone. The video you just uploaded should be visible. Tap on it to open it.
- Select the “Edit” option.
- Notice the “Sound” icon underneath the clip feed, and tap on it to mute the sound.
- Press the “Save copy” button to save the video without audio.
- Download the new clip back on your device.
NOTE: If you are a Samsung Galaxy user, you can use its default Gallery app instead of Google Photos. Samsung’s Gallery app includes numerous video editing tools. To remove the sound, open your video, and tap the pencil icon at the bottom. Then, tap the speaker icon in the bottom left corner and use the slider to turn the video volume all the way down. That’s all!
Check Social App’s Settings
Are you looking to upload the video on a social media app? It is quite possible that the app already has the built-in settings needed for the removal of the audio from your video clip.
For example, here is how you can create a Reel without audio from a video with audio background:
- Open the video on your Android phone and press the “Share” button.
- Select the Instagram Reels button from the options.
- When the Reel editing screen opens, tap on “Edit clips.”
- Press on the “Add audio” option underneath the video feed.
- Select “Controls” at the top.
- Bring the “Camera audio” slider all the way down, and hit “Done.”
- Go back to the Reel editing screen.
Most social apps have a similar setting. On WhatsApp, you can also edit a video that you have shared and remove its audio. If your app of choice does not have it, here is another available method.
How to remove audio from video online
Do you want to have more editing options available for your videos? Then, consider using Online Convert’s – Video File Converter. The video file converter lets you convert video files from different source formats. All you have to do is upload your video file or provide a link to a video file and convert it directly online.
This handy tool also allows you to disable the audio track from a video file.
Optional video settings at your disposal:
- Change screen size
- Resize handling
- Change video bitrate
- Change frame rate
- Cut video
- Rotate video
- Add the number of pixels you want to crop from the video
- Deinterlace the video
Removing audio from a video may sound like a complicated task, but as you can see, it is not difficult at all. You can do it right from your Android phone in a few simple steps. Aside from the three easy methods listed above, you can also use a dedicated video editing apps.
However, using default apps on your phone or removing the sound from video online is the most convenient option.